Do you have a porcelain sink that is chipped, cracked, scuffed, scratched, or generally unsightly? You needn’t fret! There is a way to restore your sink to “like new.” At Tuff Tub Refinishing, we perform porcelain sink refinishing. So, just what is sink refinishing?
Porcelain Sink Refinishing – A Brief Summary
Our porcelain sink refinishing process is time tested and efficient. Because of high costs for replacing sinks, porcelain sink refinishing has come into vogue. It not only saves hundreds to thousands of dollars. Also, it keeps your kitchen or bathroom from becoming a war zone. We are in and out in a short time. In addition, you can start using your like new” sink in less than day.
Porcelain Sink Refinishing – Steps to Success
When it comes to porcelain sink refinishing, there are five basic steps to success.
1. Acid etch the porcelain surface. Our eco-friendly etch creates a uniform bonding area. This is so that we can properly adhere the primer coatings.
2. Fill in chips with fiberglass gel and sand smooth. A damaged surface is probably what caused you to look into porcelain sink refinishing in the first place. So then, it is of utmost importance to do surface repair in order to “re-create” your sink. Not only do we expertly repair, but we use waterproof fiberglass gel. Insuring that this will be a watertight porcelain sink finishing project.
3. Mask off area. Now that the repairs are complete, and the sink surface is prepped, we move to coating. A preliminary, but important step is masking. Our workspaces are clean, tidy, and efficient. Naturally, we are committed to keep your kitchen area free from overspray or any other unwanted debris.
4. Spray 2 coats of epoxy primer. Thoroughness is our trademark. To make sure you have a uniform surface, two coats of primer are applied. This is especially important if your are changing the color of your sink.
5. Spray 2 coats of polyurethane resin. Lastly, two coats of smooth and silky resin paint coating are sprayed. The color of your choice is our delight!
Porcelain Sink Refinishing – Guaranteed
Porcelain sink refinishing is a simple, cost-effective, and efficient way to get a “like new” sink! At Tuff Tubs, we also add a one-year warranty to boot! Quality, professional craftsmanship, meet customer care – a winning combination!